Aqsa Zareen Farooqui, MS, LPC, CHT
Director at Deep Essence Counseling
If you find yourself on a spiritual path wanting deeper meaning and fulfillment every day, I would love to be a part of your life journey. I am passionate and committed towards helping you build a simple, clear, abundant life- a life on your own terms. My intention will always be on your health, well beingand helping you find new, creative ways to view your current situation (relationship, career or family) as an opportunity for growth, forgiveness, and self-development.
I use a variety of methods such as art, meditation, mindfulness, intuitive guidance and hypnotherapy to help my clients with concerns such as trauma, nicotine addiction and food cravings. My approach is very gentle,yet assertive.
Also, I enjoy providing supervision to new therapists and am a Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor. If you feel intuitively guided, curious or inclined to feel more alive and happy with life, please do not hesitate to call or email me.
Areas of Interest
Anxiety and Depression
• Over ten years of experience providing therapy to individuals and couples.
• Expert in domestic violence, trauma, marriage and relationship counseling, anxiety and depression.
• Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Georgia.
• Certified Hypnotherapist from Wellness Institute.
• Graduated from Agnes Scott in 2001 with Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry and a minor in Psychology.
• Masters in Professional Counseling program from Georgia State University
• Passionate about working with couples.
• Absolute believer in conscientious self-care, ethics and integrity with the counseling profession.
• Expert with immigrant and minorities.
• Writing self-help articles since 2006 for local magazines.
• Socially relevant plays and films.
• Written plays on domestic violence, alcoholism and interreligious marriages.
• Experience working with court systems and conducting assessments for court purposes.